Today’s post is nail art tutorial i did few days back to share BPS geometric nails decal review but could not share earlier. This week’s Nail that technique challenge is Dry Brush nail art aka distressed nails. Also we are celebrating festival of colors – Holi in India this week. So I thought of sharing my nail art tutorial for colorful water color nails using dry brush nail art technique.
All you need is flat brush and nail colors. If you don’t have flat nail art brush, you can do this technique directly from nail polish bottle brush. But since I wanted to created water color effect, I needed to thin out nail color’s opacity. So I mixed them with clear polish and applied using flat nail art brush. Read further for detailed process of dry brush nail art tutorial.
-Maybelline Color Show : Denim Dash, Tangerine Treat, Porcelain Party, Wine Dine and Clear polish
-Green Acrylic Color
-Flat Nail art brush (Here)
-Geometric Nails Water decal from Born Pretty Store (From Here)
– Rhinestones (From Here)
Nail Art tutorial for Water Color nails with Dry brush nail art technique:
1. Apply White nail color as base.
2 – 5. Add clear polish to colored polish of your choice to make it little sheer. Take the mixed sheer polish in flat brush. Wipe of access polish on tissue, then make random strokes. This technique is known as dry brush nail art. Also known as Distressed nails shared by Chalkboard nails here.
6. Add design of your choice. I have used here geometric nails water decal from BPS. You may stamp or freehand any design of your choice.
7. Cut of extra decal from sides. Seal the design with clear top coat.
I did not have green nail color with me at the time of preparing this water color effect nail art. So I used green acrylic paint. And it worked great after thinning it out. So if you don’t have nail color of your choice in your hand, you can try this technique with acrylic paint as well.
Here is another look after adding cute bow from Simply Spoiled Beauty Products.
I hope you like this easy nail art tutorial for water color nails using dry brush nail art technique. Please feel free to leave your feedback in comments.
P.S: Links to buy above nail products:
1. Cute Bow from Simply Spoiled Beauty Products website here. You can use the code ‘alps’ and get a special discount of 40% on your order.
2. Geometric Nails Water Decal from Born Pretty Store Here. Use Code CQL91 for additional 10% discount on these items 🙂