(From Left – Me and Divya from Nail Jazzed up)
Sorry for being MIA since few days. I have few nail arts and review posts ready to share but I not able to blog because of my travel schedules. I have many beautiful nail polish collections to show you, expect a series of Swatchathon posts in coming days..
I got chance to attend Cuccio Effect India – Nailinar by Lure Nails at Chandigarh on 8th August. It was a full day event but I managed to attend it in between a very tight schedule, just for my love for nails. I am glad I did not miss it. I had not planned to write blog post so I was not carrying my camera. But I loved the event so much, that I thought I should share my experience with you all. So please excuse me for pictures, sharing low light mobile shots which I could collect from friends at the event.
Lure Nails is India Distributor of Cuccio and Star nails. They organize Nailinar across various cities in India. Nailinar is an event where they show demo of various gel nail techniques, how to use products, Nail extension and removal, Spa Manicure and pedicure, 3D nail art and lot more as per International standards designed by Cuccio.
The Event started with Brief introduction by Manish Tyagi and then taken over by Shivani, Managing Director of lure Nails.
She enlightened us on History of Nails, how nail extension originated, the shifts in nail extension techniques and trends. Features of Cuccio Nail Products, why it is different from other nail brands in industry.
Then she introduced us to Pradeep Das, Head Educator – Cuccio India.
While he was giving demo of Step by Step Gel extension, Shivani explained us step by step for Gel nails, various types of gel nail techniques Like – UV Gel, Acry-Gel, LED Gel, difference between Gel and Acrylic powder, its benefits and uses. She also shared lot of tips and tricks which actually we otherwise learn after lot of practice.
Pradeep Das taught us how to do Gel Extension with UV Gel, Using nail tips, Acry – Gel, French tip, 2d nail art with gel polish, creating stones/ studs using gel and glitters, how to apply Gel polish on natural nail tips. He also shared tips and tricks to apply Nail polish correctly.
Sharing here some of my learnings from Nailinar.
Acry Gel extension with acrylic tips:
Acry – Gel provides features of both Gel technique and Acrylic technique. It gives strength of acrylic nails and because of gel, it is easy to use because of its elasticity. (Many more differences of both techniques, its benefits, limitations, how acry gel is different and better were explained by Shivani Ma’m. This helped me clear my doubts and misconception about gel and acrylic nails too.)
1. Sanitize Both Client’s and Own hands.
2. Remove nail polish if any on clients nails.
3. Nail prep.
– Apply cuticle remover and push cuticles back using cuticle pusher. Wipe off with Cotton or Lint free wipe.
– Cut the nails to short length (till edge of nail bed where extension starts). Shape them with filer / buffer.
– Buff nails with 180 Grit Buffer. Clean the dust with brush.
– Apply Dehydrator to remove moisture from nails
4. Acrylic tips:
– Use C Curve acrylic nail tips. Apply a drop of glue on tip of acrylic nail
– Hold the finger straight, attach acrylic tip to nail bed matching C Curve with Nail bed smile Line.
– Imp: Hold the nail tip at 45 degree angel and finger straight while attaching the acrylic tip. ( I can’t explain in words here, it was best understood during demo. Because they shared many tips and important points, dos and Don’t while showing this)
– Remove access glue from nails.
– Buff the nails using hard buffer, clean dust.
5. Apply Primer pen on natural nails part only.
6. Gel Application: (Acry-Gel)
– Take small amount of base gel, apply thin layer on nails.
– (Tips: Always leave 1 hairline (less than 1mm) distance on cuticles and side walls. Always clean side walls and cuticle with toothpick. This is very important because if any gel is attached to skin, it will pull of the extension soon. Also it affects natural nail growth)
– Cure the Gel application in UV light.
– Since this is Acry – gel, they used builder gel along with acrylic powder (Specially made for acrygel use and not the regular acrylic powder. Because these are more fine powder than regular acrylic powder)
– Take small amount of gel on brush, dip it in acry gel powder.
– Place the acry-gel mix at the center of the nail. Mix it well with brush (on nail itself) then apply it as layer over nail.
– All the Cuccio products are self leveling so just turn the finger upside down to let it self level.
– Cure it in UV lamp (36 W – 3 mins)
– Take few drops of Cleanser/ Finishing wipe and remove sticky layer.
– Buff the nail with Orange and black buffer (hard buffer) to level the products on nail.
– Then again buff with gold buffer (Soft one), clean the dust with brush
– Apply a thin layer of Gel. Cure for 2 minutes. (No acry powder this time. That is used only once in the above step)
– Again repeat the process – Use Finishing wipe/ cleanser to remove sticky layer. Buff the nails with Hard and soft buffer. Clean the dust.
– By now the extension is complete and the thickness of nail looks as natural.
– Apply UV sealer to give shine to nails, cure it in UV lamp for 3 mins.
Then Pradeep sir taught us how to do French nails over extension.
He also created a beautiful 2D nail art using gel polishes. (Sorry I don’t have clear picture of it to share) But following are some of his work that was displayed at the event.
Post Lunch, Leyla who is International Cuccio Trainer, showed us demo of 3D nails using Cuccio Gel Veneer and 3D powder (for gel).
This was my most favorite part of the event, because I love 3D nail art. I have surely come back with lots of ideas in mind, shall work on them soon.
They showed demo of LED gel extension. This is newly launched gel technique by Cuccio. LED gel is one step gel extension and it reduces the steps and time taken with regular gel techniques. Also The curing time is reduces from 3 minutes of UV lamp to 30 seconds in LED lamp. Another plus of this technique is because this gel provides strong nails, this can be used to extend nail bed as well. So its best used for Nail biters as well.
Then towards end of the nailinar, they showed us demo of Cuccio Detox Soak and Spa Pedicure.
Detox is very helpful for people with Swollen feet or foot pain. We could see the visible difference during demo.
What I Loved about the event:
1. They shared many tips and tricks, differences of various techniques, benefits, limitations, where to use what products, its features, etc. which is difficult to pen down here but best learnt being present at the event. This was the best part of event I loved. Because I came back with clear understanding of gel nails along with dos and don’t.
2. Cuccio is nail brand for Salons. So they explained all the features of Cuccio products, how to use, why it is different, benefits to salon owners, etc. But they were not sounding like pushing sales, even though they had Cuccio products available for sale at the event. Their main focus was to educate people about ‘How tos’. This is why I loved it.
3. Last but not the least, more than learning all above said things I was excited to meet one of my Nail buddies – Divya from Nail Jazzed up. I had such great time in her company.
(In this Selfie- from Left : Me, Shivni Ma’m, Divya)
I thought of sharing my experience at Nailinar Chandigarh because I know there are very few such nail events happening in India. So this could help all my India readers who would love to be part of such nail activity. You can follow Lure Nails on Facebook to know when they have Nailinar near your city.
Also they provide Nail education and professional nail training as per International Cuccio Standards. One of my friend Anubhooti of Mesmerizing nails is currently taking training from them at Gurgaon. She shared Lure Nails Academy trainers are very experienced and teach very well. So is enjoying it very much. So anyone wants to learn professional nail art can contact them:
Spoiler Alert : Its too early to share, but just giving you hint that there will be one huge International nail event in Delhi in April 2016 by Cuccio India. Where Tony Cuccio, the creator of Cuccio brand wil be present too. You can follow Lure Nails on their social media so that you don’t miss out when they make official announcement about it.
Disclaimer: Not a sponsored post, all views shared are based on my personal experience.