Today I am sharing this interesting Starbust dotticure with gliltter gradient background. Using gorgeous Lacquer Lust holo glitter nail polishes. Initially i wanted to share this design for Crumpet’s Tarts 31DC2015 dotting tool theme. But since i delayed the post, i m combining 2 FB group challenges in this post. This week’s theme for A-Z weekly challenge is I for Inspired. Recently i saw a dotticure with glitter background by Emma Brock in this month’s Nail Art gallery magazine, (Page 76).
I wanted to use my pretty Lacquer lust nail polishes and this design could go perfectly with it. So taking inspiration from her glitter dotticure design I created my version of starbust dotticure for small nails.
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black and White on nail polishes
Oriflame Very Me – Silver Nail polish
Blue – Blue in the Face
Red : Forbidden Fruit
Green: Poison Ivy
Purple: Simply Royal
Seche Vite Top Coat
Make up sponge for gradient, Pearl, Dotting tool
Startbust Dotticure Tutorial:
1. Paint the nail with black nail polish as base.
2. Using make up sponge dab silver nail polish leaving some black area near cuticle line. This silver layer will not only help other dark glitter nail polishes pop out on black base but also create a dividing gradient layer between other glitter nail colors and black base.
3. Dab a layer of Red glitter nail polish with make up sponge over silver layer. Once its dry, dab one more layer of red glitter only on half nails towards tip side.
4. Seal the gradient with Top coat. Add a pearl or rhinestone at the center of the nail.
5. Using a medium size dotting tool, create 4 dots around the pearl.
6. Using smallest size dotting tool, add another 4 dots between to form a circle.
7. Add additional dots to complete wheel design using small dotting tool.
I have used 4 different glitter nail colors on each nail.
All the shades from Lacquer Lust Holo glitter nail polish collection are gorgeous. These nail polishes are gelly base with same color holo glitter particles. I will share individual swatches in coming post.
This Starbust dotticure looks very much festive. You can create this look for fireworks or snowflakes. It suits on both small nails and long nails. Hope you liked this design. Feel free to share with me if you recreate this look.
P.S.: You can buy these gorgeous Lacquer Lust nail polishes from their website: http://www.lacquer-lust.com/
A-Z Weekly: [inlinkz_linkup id=474752 mode=1]
Crumpet’s 31DC : [inlinkz_linkup id=453924 mode=1]